A member of the Board of Directors is appointed to hold the position based on demonstrated involvement, support and commitment to Florida Gulf Coast University and the Alumni Association. In accepting this two-year term, the individual agrees to fulfill the requirements and responsibilities associated with board membership. This includes:
- Meeting Participation: Attend and have an active role in three board meetings and one summer retreat each year (in person or via Skype). If unable to attend, board members should submit in advance a written response related to action items on the agenda.
- Committee Involvement: Serve actively on at least one board subcommittee and participate in the majority of the meetings held. Committees consist of: Awards and Recognition, Community Outreach, Development, and Programming.
- Financial Contribution: All board members are expected to be ongoing donors by becoming a Forever an Eagle member and contributing yearly to the annual fund.
- Community and Alumni Outreach: Become an advocate for Florida Gulf Coast University. This may involve:
- Talking with prospective students
- Encouraging fellow alumni to submit class notes, become a mentor,
assist in identifying nominees for the annual Alumni Awards and attend
- Join Eagle Advocacy through the Office of Government Relations
- Cultivate relationships with businesses and encourage them to become sponsors
- Demonstrate Eagle Pride: Attend key alumni events and encourage others to participate. Have an understanding of who the Alumni Association is and what programs are offered.